Green roofs: a guide to their design and installation
Environmentally friendly buildings are a must for our future. Among the many new ideas for buildings are green roofs. But what is a green roof? How do they work? Why are individuals and businesses installing them? How do you install and maintain a green roof?
Wriiten by Angela Youngman, Green roofs is not a self-help manual, as most green roofs will need the involvement of a string of professionals, but it is a guide to the process of designing and installing a green roof.
Subjects covered include:
- the range of green roofs available, from the small garden shed to towering skyscrapers
- the role of the green roof as part of an overall greening of a building and landscape
- advice on the types of vegetation to be grown and maintenance required, and problems that can be encountered
- analysis of the green roof movement, reports on its success thus far and looks to the future
- residential and business case studies from across the world
With contributions from architects, builders and gardeners, this book is essential reading for anyone interested in or committed to energy-efficient buildings.
You can find further details of Green roofs on our catalogue.